This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos and Spotify.
Financial Data Analyst
We're looking for a pro-active, inquisitive, and thorough Data Analyst to join our Group Finance team in Amsterdam. You will be working with big data and co-operate with a variety of stakeholders in order to provide valuable information and insights for management as well as to drive forward operational excellence initiatives. While financial acumen is a must, technical skills around data extraction and manipulation are very important for this role.
What you’ll do
- Be a link to connect the various finance teams and other, more technical, parts of the business.
- Support with the compilation of management reports and financial deep dives, by working closely together with business controllers, financial analysts and other stakeholders.
- Create and maintain insightful and actionable dashboards for management and commercial teams on our BI platform.
- Use quick insight and data management skills to quickly respond to ad hoc enquiries from the business.
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis and work together with other teams to provide actionable insights to various parts of the business and to solve challenging and ambiguous problems.
- Build out data insights.
- Contribute to the Adyen wide big data initiative to support the scalability of our analyses.
Who you are
- You have 4+ years experience in the finance space, wherefrom at least 2 years with data analysis.
- SQL experience and ability to gather and manipulate data is a must.
- Business Intelligence platform experience (Looker, Tableau, Qlikview) is a plus.
- Experience in Spark or PySpark is a plus.
- You like to work in a high-paced environment where you may need to shift priorities.
- You are comfortable talking straight and challenging the status quo, specifically with the ability to interact and collaborate with a variety of internal stakeholders from varying disciplines and cultures.
- Self-motivated and proactive, always searching for new ways to add value to the business.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them – voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.