This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them – voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Adyen is looking for a Financial Controller to grow the Group Finance team. The ideal candidate takes ownership of our local Asia-Pacific (APAC) financials, has a drive to understand these and is able to tie this back to where we’re heading as a Group globally. A good understanding of accounting will get you off to a great start in this role, in combination with an open mind and willingness to take on new projects, success is almost guaranteed.
Being part of the centralised financial controlling team furthermore means you’ll be working in the (financial) engine room of a registered and listed financial institution; being part of a relatively small team means you’ll be (in)directly involved in a lot of very interesting topics that reach beyond the APAC borders.
What you’ll do
- Take on responsibility for the financial controlling of Adyen’s APAC entities, which includes accounting, statutory filings, tax and treasury matters;
- Support and improve month-end and (half) year-end close processes;
- Connect and collaborate with other regional Controllers and Group Finance team members to build a world-class Controlling team;
- Be open for any new project that'll arise in the Group Finance team of a rapidly growing company and challenge prevailing assumptions.
Who you are
- You have 2-4 years of experience in financial controlling; audit experience is a plus;
- You are detail-oriented and have strong analytical and multi-tasking skills;
- Pro-active in projects you take on, able to work independently but never afraid to ask for help;
- Able to think 2 steps ahead, making sure that implemented solutions are scalable for Adyen’s rapid growth.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the world’s leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Facebook, Uber, Spotify, Casper, Bonobos and L'Oreal.
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like your next challenge, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!