This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. We are honest, direct, and try to have some fun too. We’re creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges – people like you.
Designer, North America
We are seeking a passionate Designer who is well versed with digital and print media.
The ideal candidate has a proven ability to understand marketing objectives, and a strong aesthetic sense that can immediately detect whether content is aligned with the Adyen brand identity. They are a team player and have a hunger to learn and flourish in a dynamic, high growth environment. Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
This is a full-time position in the San Francisco, CA office.
What you'll do:
- Design experiences, materials, and assets that are strategic, high-quality, and aligned with guidelines for expression across campaigns, our website and digital channels
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to scale and amplify our brand while delivering high quality assets
- Contribute to maintaining creative quality standards through polished visual designs and strong attention to detail
- Learn new processes, techniques, and tools to progress your design process
- Provide graphic design support with a solid understanding of thoughtful layout and typography
- Work well with project leads reviews and approvals
- Deliver and create projects within a wide array of mediums
Who you are:
- 5+ years relevant work experience on a design team, either on an in-house product-oriented team or part of an agency
- BA/BS in Graphic Design, Visual Design, Communication Design or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency in all Adobe CC, Keynote, Figma and MS Office required
- Able to make use of feedback, with a strong attention to detail and brand consistency
- Ability to follow design instructions and implement brand guidelines
- Fun(ny) team player who understands the value of collaboration and an all-hands-on-deck approach
- Solid self-management skills to keep pace in a fast environment with attention to deadlines
- Strong conceptual thinker
- Contributes to different stages of the design production process, from setting styles and layouts, to cutting videos and exporting animations
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Understanding of marketing and brand communication
- The ability to think clearly and present graphics in a clean, succinct and uncomplicated manner
- If you think you would love the opportunity to work with an international team and believe that you have the qualities we are looking for please upload your portfolio, CV and motivation letter
Bonus points if you have:
- The ability to bring your designs to life using animations, transitions, micro-interactions in After Effects and/or video editing skills
- An understanding of front end web development (HTML, CSS, JS)
- An understanding of financial and IT systems is beneficial but not required
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the world’s leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Facebook, Uber, Microsoft, Spotify, Adidas, Bonobos and L'Oreal.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique; we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them – voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.