This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. We are honest, direct, and try to have some fun too. We’re creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges – people like you.
Data Analyst, Acquiring
Adyen is looking for a Data Analyst to join our US Data team in San Francisco. The ideal candidate is someone who is able to approach and understand complex problems in a structured manner, while converting the results into a compelling and actionable story for internal or external stakeholders.
Whether you come from the payments space or not, we need you to be an independent and enthusiastic thinker who is curious about how the payments ecosystem works and how that fits in with global commerce.
What you’ll do
- Framework Development – Work with our cross-functional data teams to develop scalable and reusable frameworks for evaluating large datasets on the most pressing business questions
- Data Analysis – Determine the necessary data required to solve a wide variety of business problems; extract required data, and draw conclusions and recommendations. Whether it’s providing insights to our key products or facilitating new experiments with our merchants, you’ll be driving new initiatives to help Adyen grow 20x
- Be a Subject Matter Expert – Adyen’s SME for both merchants and internal stakeholders on acquiring costs.
- Data Strategy – Partner with acquiring team to shape next generation BI and data infrastructure. Build self service tools to enable business users. Automate card scheme reporting.
- Merchant facing – Identify opportunities to optimize merchant’s interchange and scheme fee costs. Participate in Quarterly Business Reviews with our top merchants to provide insights as needed.
Who you are
- At least 3 years of working experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Technical Aptitude:
- Excellent analytical and modeling skills, with proficiency in tools such as R, Python, and database SQL.
- Experience with data visualization platforms (e.g. Tableau, Looker)
- Global Perspective: Ability to interface seamlessly with a global, multicultural team (excellent collaboration skills, culturally aware, both internally and with customers.) and enthusiastic