This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
As a Business Analyst in the Issuing Product Operations team you will become our customers’ advocate to stir product developments and make our platform always more user-friendly. This role therefore requires great communication and empathy skills to understand our customers’ needs. At the same time, it entails never losing sight of the bigger picture, to make sure that we constantly prioritise the right projects and that we have the most impact. Finally, the issuing team will rely on your work to get better customers’ insight, improve its monitoring and risk management, build more scalable dashboards for its use and the use of its customers and to better its data management.
What you’ll do:
- Build features which facilitate product integration and by our card partners
- Define, scope and implement product changes mandated by Visa and Mastercard
- Assist our support team by building better dashboards and monitoring tools
- Develop best-in-class pricing models to educate and support sales and account management.
- Help our issuing partners to understand and optimise the cost and revenue impacts of interchange and scheme fees; thereby guiding them in selecting products better fitted for their needs
- Assist the support teams in troubleshooting operational issues. Scoping, designing and product managing long-term fixes
Who you are
- Academically trained in preferably engineering, computer sciences or quantitative economics / finance;
- Excited to solve issues and improve our platform always with our international clients’ interest in mind;
- An habit of communicating with very different stakeholders, from commercial to highly technical individuals
- Technical aptitude to address problems with experience:
- in analysing data and automating complex data handling through SQL, Python and/or R;
- in data visualisation tools such as Looker, Tableau.
- Ability to infer insight from the data and communicate it with commercial teams and Adyen’s merchants
- Fluent in conversational and written English on a professional level;
- 0-3 years of work experience.
- Payments experience is a plus, but not mandated
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them – voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.